Welcome to the Devon Recovery Learning Community
Mark your diaries!
Summer course enrolments open May 1st!
Please do not contact our office to enrol on Summer courses before May 1st as we cannot reserve places in advance.
A Recovery College providing courses for the wellbeing of people in Devon.
Our students are people with lived experience of mental health difficulties, their family and friends, and the professionals who support them. Our courses aim to provide:
- about the experience of mental distress
- about what we mean by Recovery
- ways of managing a mental health problem
- how to look after your own wellbeing
- how to think about getting back into work
- practical creative skills like woodworking
- the chance to meet other people and share your experience
- opening up new avenues for learning
- making new choices possible
About our courses
People with lived experience of mental health difficulties have worked alongside mental health and education professionals to produce the courses.
For most of the courses, the tutors will bring both personal and professional experience to the session. Click here to learn more
You can see all the courses we offer and book on them via the Courses section of the website.
What is Recovery Education?
For teachers and students it can help to get a clear picture of what we mean by ‘Recovery Learning’. A great summary of Recovery Learning principles is available in this leaflet. If you would like to learn more about Recovery you can also visit the Recovery Devon website where you will find many resources and a whole community of like-minded contributors.